Serenity’s Therapeutic Learning Center (TLC)
Serenity’s Therapeutic Learning Center is committed to enhancing the life experience of children and reducing the damaging effects of neglect, abuse, and prenatal exposure to drugs.
The Therapeutic Learning Center (TLC) is an on-site learning center, serving foster children, six months through five years of age who display behaviors indicative of the need for early intervention. Children are referred for services by their social worker.
Treatment Services Offered
The TLC program addresses the social, emotional, and behavioral issues of at-risk children in foster care under the guidance of therapeutic professionals.
- Individualized treatment plans with quarterly updates
- Art and Play therapy for foster children
- Group counseling and individual therapy
Goals of the Program:
- Establish and increase children’s ability to trust
- Develop child’s sense of self, self-awareness, and increase self-esteem
- Develop and increase children’s ability to read social cues, improve social skills, learn problem solving skills, and establish social tolerance
- Develop and improve appropriate expression of affect
- Enhance cognitive skills
- Stimulate development of gross and fine motor skills